Thursday 1 March 2018

Me Unedited: Who Am I?

MY FREE WRITING  SELF-REFLECTION 
God is good. God is great. I am poor in spirit. I lower my eyes in my wretchedness. I try to find peace with God on a daily basis. This is sometimes very painful. I do not believe personally that it should be painful because Jesus Christ son of the living God has mercy by having conquered the world for my salvation. Yet it is so.


It makes me wonder therefore why there is pain when I love the living God with all my mind, heart and soul. I take comfort in the bible knowledge that all believers worldwide suffer a similar affliction because it is written that we are persecuted worldwide. I take comfort also in what I have coined The Beatitudes Attitude where Jesus son of the living God said blessed are the poor in spirit. I strive for this happiness because I believe that it leads to eternal life.


The pain is sometimes mind-boggling and makes me aware of the cruelty in the world such that sometimes one almost forgets the fruits of the spirit which are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and the caveats of all caveats self-control. Most days I fight for self-control. This afflicts me and leaves me poor in spirit and I am also poor in the world since I have no income or employment. This makes me sad that such things exist in modern times where it seems that the whole world runs on money.

I try daily to focus not on money but on the love of the living God in my life and the lives of other poor people. The living God is our heavenly father whose will on earth is done as it is in heaven. It takes a lot of faith to believe and live the prayer from Jesus : “ Our Father who art in heaven: hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our DAILY bread AND forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have trespassed against us. Lead us, NOT into temptation, but deliver us from evil in our day.”
Jesus has given us this faith by coming into the world and declaring God his heavenly father as also our heavenly father. I believe that the amount of courage it took for him to live in the world with his sights on heaven cannot be fathomed by me or the limited human mind. Not only did he have to live as a man, the type of man he came to take to heaven; but he also had to die, and resurrect AND ascend into heaven with witnesses of all the above events. He could have come as a rich, wealthy man along the lines of the great wealth of the old testament but instead he came as a pauper in the world but rich in godliness and godly assuredness: which is to say, holy righteousness.

In as much as I am not holy, I know that my lack of holiness does not deny my entry into heaven. I pray that every man, woman and child in the world gets to experience Jesus in their life as it is written in the Holy Bible.

The bible is called holy not because the men who wrote it are holy but because the words are holy, that is, of God; for no man is holy, not even the Pope of the Vatican. Then”Holy” is the Holy Spirit which Jesus left with us since Jesus himself wrote none of the biblical scrolls.

We must love our worldly friends, acquaintances, and worldly enemies because they are not the ones whom we battle. The battle is between the Holy Spirit and the evil spirits. We ourselves have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit, the evil spirits do not know what it is or understand it. This brings affliction in my belief. The world is so plagued by evil spirits that calling upon the Holy Spirit to help you causes you pain. God does not allow us to suffer in vain; for as much as we are persecuted for forsaking evil, we are rewarded in heaven a hundredfold. This is a fact despite all illusions to the contrary. Evil spirits cannot win over the Holy Spirit. This is impossible.

I therefore take great courage and comfort from the Holy Spirit and from the knowledge of Jesus and the army of angels, heavenly hosts, good spirits that he presides over in his father’s kingdom; a kingdom which he promises has a room or home for me, for us, if we follow him. How does one follow Jesus?

A popular concept among modern people is “ what would Jesus do?” I believe that this is a lofty unreachable goal, for we cannot do what Jesus did for obvious reasons. So, how do I follow Jesus? I make choices based on free will and self-control regardless of the evil spirits roaming the world. The free will is the will of God on earth, as it is in heaven. I seek first the kingdom of heaven. Once that is done, all things are given by God in the name of Jesus his son, in due season. Jesus told us to ask God his father for anything in his name, and it will be given us. How I have asked! Sometimes I feel like all I do is ask; so where is the manifestation of those things that I asked for, being granted?
  1. Peace of mind in my love of God with all my heart, mind and soul
  2. Peace of mind that I have honored my earthly father and mother
  3. Peace of mind that my past sins of fraud, theft, greed, coveting, excess spending, excess partying, excess fornication and promiscuity, self-abuse, murderous thoughts, highness and pride: are forgiven, because I asked in the name of Jesus for them to be forgiven.
  4. Peace of mind that I avoid the effects of further sin.


It seems therefore that my kingdom of heaven is peace of mind, and the devil knows this and tries to take it away. I was told once to ignore the devil. It makes intrinsic sense now because if I respect God in the kingdom of heaven, the devil must be avoided. The devil was thrown out into the world and the depths of the world, so certainly the devil cannot still be in the kingdom of heaven or part of my heavenly inheritance. Jesus spoke with the devil during his temptations because he is the son of the living God and now that I am writing this, I see that we do not have to do any such thing for him to go away.

It is important to reiterate that people themselves are not devils, and so we love everyone and focus on Godly spirits and the kingdom of heaven. In loving everyone, we are commanded also to love our neighbor as Jesus loves us; which leads us to believe that everyone is not our neighbor; so as much as I love everyone, I believe that my neighbors are predetermined by Jesus who has prepared a place for me, and them in heaven, his father’s kingdom. My only job on earth is to merit eternal life by seeking first the kingdom of God. Ultimately I follow Jesus by seeking the kingdom of our heavenly father God, all while keeping their
commandments and statutes. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment