Sunday 4 March 2018

I Shall Not Want Because I Let God

I shall not want
To ask or receive
To come or go
To eat or drink
To swim or fly
To give or take
To seek or find
To be noticed or ignored
To love or to be loved
I shall not want for myself
I shall not want from others

I came up with this mantra based on the Psalm of David below. It was at at a time in my life when I felt stuck, and it expressed for me an absolute dependence on God to put me in a place of freedom. Have you ever felt so stuck, that you let go and let God? During that time I had a couple of vivid dreams. In one, I was pulled out by my left hand from a volcanic, fiery red furnace. In an other I succumbed to the ocean and I was drowning with no struggle, when I was saved by a boat with two occupants, the elderly captain who placed a dry towel on my wet shoulders and an lithe rastaman who was in a separate cabin. In the third vivid dream, I was part of a ritualistic ceremony in a cemetery where naked familiars were giving blood sacrifices over my body in the wet dirt.
As scary as these dreams were, I continue to let go and let God, the master creator. The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want.
If you can identify with this mantra or my dreams, feel free to leave a comment.

Psalms 23:1-6  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kjvstudybible.bible.kjv.bibleverses.bibleoffline

No comments:

Post a Comment