Wednesday 4 April 2018

Anxiety be gone

I suffer from anxiety. This may sound like an exaggeration because we all come across anxieties in our daily lives, whether it be from work related stresses, family related, socially related, economically related or even spiritually related. If therefore, anxieties are a normal part of the human condition, how does it result in suffering? The suffering comes in the form of physical pain, this could be a migraine or muscle pain, upset stomach and wretching and even painful body chills. I used to take medications for my anxiety attacks but the side effects caused me further anxieties and frustrations. I therefore turned to more natural alternatives such as aromatherapy, massages and stretching exercises as well as a tea and water regiment.

I found these alternatives more relaxing and more effective than prescription medications. Spiritual meditations and deep breathing exercises help immensely. The biggest challenge I face now is acceptance from those around me that this is part of who I am. It's a challenge because they are uneducated about the subject and not necessarily sincerely open to new ways of interacting with people that are different from them. The bible says
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment